So the other night baby Kateri was up puking for most of the night and I realized that she was the first baby since Josh to get sick like that. I was pretty floored by that thought considering that Nicole spent her entire first year of life in and out of the hospital with Josh. Keara and Tegan never got sick as babies either. I had this momentary sense of God's perfect mercy. My babies never got sick before because I could never have cared for them and kept up with Joshua's medical routine, but now that he can care for himself it seems that God has allowed us to have normal babies. And so I found enough grace to be grateful that she threw up all over my husband:) and the carpet and we both missed a night of sleep because for Today we have a normal life with 7 healthy kids.
"I believe Lord, help my unbelief." Mark 9:24
A wonderful reminder that there is gratitude to be found in every moment if we just look.
ReplyDelete